Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Last Five Chapters

So I let my parents read my novel when they visited me last week. And they liked it--but they are my parents so what does it count for? I did notice they fought over reading it. One person would put it down to play with the kids and the other would pick it up right away. But maybe they were just anxious to get it over with since it was so awful. Gosh it's hard to put your work out there. 

Anyway I still have about five chapters, and I wanted to be done by writer's group this week. I doubt I will be. It would take major writing time, and I've got deadlines for work that I'm paid to do. Oh the conflict. Seriously. I want my novel done by Christmas so I can send it to my first batch of beta readers while they are all on break from school. 

So that's not going to happen I bet--maybe I just won't sleep. 

The thing about these last chapters is that I've been wanting to write them since September when I hit the middle of my novel. They are full of action and action and more action and a little kissing--not a lot, a little. Sigh.

The writing isn't the hard part--finding the time is. I will do it, I will! I will! I will!


1 comment:

R.L. LaFevers said...

Hey Mim! I apologize for leaving a comment on your blog like this, but I couldn't find an email for you. You won Thursday's prize over at ShrinkingViolets! Come on over and check it out when you get a chance! And thanks for visiting our blog!
Robin