So Friday's will likely be my random day. Several of the blogs I read do a Friday Five. I hope it's not some exclusive club that I'm invading. So here it goes.
1. My daughter started school again, and we're settling into a schedule. Seems like it will be a good year for her. My one concern is she's not allowed to talk at lunch. Seems extreme to me, and I plan on discussing it with her teacher and others if needed. Lunch, everyone needs to be social at lunch, right?
2. Fridays are generally date night for me and hubby. We may watch a movie tonight or sneak some DQ blizzards after the kids are asleep. We're not going out, since my oldest son is not feeling well. I can't have a sitter when they are sick. He has 007 in HD, but we don't have an HD tv. We also like to watch Ghosthunters, and Hell's Kitchen. I don't understand why Chef Ramsey is so mean, but still I like the show.
3. Reading funks. Still not feeling the whole reading thing, but I've found a new author I like Susane Colasanti. Her books are similar to Sarah Dessen. Still I might go dig out my L.M. Montgomery books. They sound nice to me. Slow, no tension. Just story.
4. My kids are erecting a tent/fort in my living room. It will be a big mess to clean up, but I've got to let them do it. I remember building them with my brothers and sisters. It's a rite of passage. They only have a few minutes until I put them to bed, but between now and then they will undo an entire week's worth of cleaning. Sigh. I wish I had a housekeeper.
5. I didn't write at all this week. Not at all. No revisions (unless my query counts), no new words, nothing. I'm ready to start again. And go at it.
Have a good weekend!