1. I had my writer's group meeting this week. I must say that I enjoyed it. It is great to spend the evening talking about writing, and learning about writing. I love writing and I love being around people who love writing too. The SCBWI Carolinas conference is just a few weeks away and I'm so excited to get to meet more writers that are fairly local. It should be awesome.
2. Today is 9-11 and I can't write a blog without mentioning it. At random times today I'd remember and think back on where I was that day. While many of us have recovered those who have lost loved ones must still fill the loss. Today I think of them and their sadness.
3. I've realized that a lot goes into writing a novel, but for me it is a lot more work to revise. That doesn't mean that I don't want to revise or that I think I'm above revising. I just think it is harder to revise than to write. But I know other writers feel differently. The wonderful thing about it is that at any point of the process you are still working towards the same thing, the same goal the same end. I know in revision you are making things lots stronger.
4. I wanted to mention a new ebook that's available about the querying process. It's called From the Query to the Call and it's by Elana Johnson. I really enjoy her blog and the book promises to be chockfull of information. Beth Revis from Writing It Out gave it this great review. The thing that stood out to me is that she has a query response rate of 1 out of three letters. That's really, really good.
5. It's been a glorious fall day. I love fall it makes me happy. today I've had that fluttry something exciting feeling all day. I'm sure it's just the crisp fall weather, but it reminds me of those exciting first few moments in your relationship. Maybe I'm just getting it all mixed up because my husband and I started dating in the fall years, and years ago. Sigh. Anyway if this feeling comes to fruition I'll be sure to share the joy!