Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Five

1. So I have been happily (I might really emphasize the word happily) t.v. free all summer. I'm talking about the weeknight T.V. I happily ignored all reruns, new shows or whatever, though I did watch the occasional Ghost Hunters with Rob. He is way too interested in that show and even has the autographs of all the people on it, thanks to DragonCon. Steve and Tango are starting a shoot off show, which I'll be tempted to add to my line up. They are my favorite two people on the show. I love the way they interact with each other. It makes me laugh, all the bugs, and animals and the jumping away, but I digress. My real point was that I didn't have to worry about the new episodes of this or that and I write in the evenings, so TV puts a real crimp in my goals. But The Office premiered last night. Glad to have everyone back, but it would have been fun for the Interns to stick around a bit longer. And sadly I really, really like Glee, although I'm going to use Hulu to watch that one and sort the laundry while I do. Rob won't put up with it. And then there is Big Bang Theory, which premieres on Monday. Yeah, that is one of my most favorite shows ever.

2. My query needs work. My plot line needs work. I want to write the query to my new book before I write any more in my new WIP. I had my plot thought out and suddenly I don't want to take it that way. I feel like I'm slowing down the story, but not going that way and not seeing that internal struggle, completely changes my entire premise. Yikes! What's a girl to do?

3. I have yet to get into a good routine since school has started. I thrive on routine or I don't get the important stuff done, like writing or exercising or waking up in the morning. I'm also someone who does better with specific, tangible goals. I like to display them where I will see them on a regular basis. In fact my college roommates use to make fun of me. But I need to get some of those up right now.

4. I'm super excited for the writer's conference next weekend! I'm having a critique done. I love getting feedback from complete strangers. It's a lot more honest than the other kind. So that is a happy thing.

5. I'm hungry so I'm going to go eat leftovers as an early lunch! And also this much more exciting we are taking the kiddos to the They Might Be Giants concert tomorrow. If we don't get rained out. Please sun come out and shine down on us!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE They Might Be Giants! A birdhouse in your soul is one of my favorites. =]

I'm having plot issues too. *Sigh* A girl doesn't know what to do, that's what.

* said...

I like They might be giants, too. Purple toupee is a family all-time fave.

PS: Jealous about your upcoming writer's conference! Post all about it, please!!

Patti said...

I love all those shows, alas I got so much more done in the summer. I will now have to get up early.

I'm with Terresa: I wish I was going to a writers conference.