Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Five

1. Fall really seems to have come this week. I turned off the air conditioning and we aren't dying. I love that in the fall you don't have to worry about air or heat. The same pretty much goes for the spring. Plus I love waking up to a cool house. Sure it's hard to get out of bed, but it really does wake you up. I love the colors of fall (not that they've started yet) and I just feel happier and more alive in the fall. Summer is such a sleepy time.

2. Since I managed to catch a cold from the conference I haven't gotten as much done as I wanted to, but I did fix my first page. Really fixed it. Rob, who is unerringly honest (enough that I want to throttle him sometimes), even agreed that it is fixed. Now I can move on to the rest of the manuscript. Yes! Soon I will be sending out my letters. I keep saying that, but I really mean it.

3. My other story is somewhat halted. Seriously I'm stuck in the middle of a dinner conversation. Interestingly enough it is about people becoming complacent and allowing themselves to get stuck. Uggh! So I need to work in an explosion or a kiss or a heated look or something to get the story rolling again. It will happen, and soon.

4. Right now my two year old is practicing his Ninja moves and sword fighting. Lots of round jumps with thrusting. There is also slashing of some sort going on. And he is beating up his brother. Sadly he intimidated some boy at the park on Monday. The boys were about the same age, but my boys are tiny for their age. So this other boy was about a head taller than Jacob. I watched the entire thing. The bigger boy said something to him, and Jacob threw up his fists, made a low bellow and charged. The other boy ran away in tears, even though Jacob hadn't touched him. (Never fear I did have a talk with Jacob about his behavior, though part of me is glad that he isn't intimidated by bigger kids.)

5. I meant to post some of my notes and thoughts on writing, but I've been sleeping a lot more than usual this week. I will get them up, either this weekend or sometime next week. I promise.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get feeling better soon, Mim.
My dude does ninja moves too. He's contantly hi-yah!-ing and wa-cha-cha-cha-ing. But it's darling to see him fighting imaginary enemies. (Thankfully his brother is only a part-time enemy.)

Julie said...

Way to go Jacob!