1. March is one of my favorite months of the year. There are lots of reasons--it finally really starts to warm up. I always get new clothes, and it's my birthday month. Silly I know and probably a little juvenile, but March makes me happy. I'm glad that it is finally here. This year February was way too snowy. It's funny, because it wasn't any worse than any of the February's I had growing up--in fact it was most likely better weather wise, but I guess being in the South for ten years kind of changes your perspective on things.
2. Speaking of birthday months, and the thought of ten years since I graduated college, and I'm feeling old. I know I'm not old. I really know it, but ten years sounds like a long time, and to be somewhere for ten years is a long time. At least I don't have a ten year old yet.
3. I have been thinking that I should talk more about writing on the blog, and possibly post more than once a week. I've also been thinking about doing some sort of contest. I will let you know what I decide as soon as I do. The simple truth is I'm still recovering from moving. Drawing it out over the entire month of February was exhausting. I think I like quick moves better, but we did manage to get rid of a lot of stuff. It is amazing the amount of stuff you can accumulate in a few years time. Silly really--I mean what do possessions matter? All I need is a nice bed to sleep on and my laptop with access to the Internet and I'm good to go. Oh and I forgot my five shelves of books that my husband was pointing out the entire time we were moving.
4. It makes me want to get an e-reader, because then I'll have the books and one small device instead of huge book stacks. But then I'm thinking about all the books I have on the shelves so my kids will read them when they are older. Would I be willing to let my middle schooler take over my kindle no, I would not. But that is how I read a lot of my books was browsing my parents shelves when I was bored. I read nearly every book they had--except for my mom's nursing textbooks, though I did look at the pictures. The skin disease photos absolutely fascinated me--gross!
5. I had a strange dream last night. It was one of those dreams that you think now what is my subconscious trying to tell me? I'm afraid of heights in real life, and in this dream it was taken to new extremes, and I kept backing up from the edge of things, and then watching people I used to be close to (from old parts of my life) fall off of the edge. Totally and completely wacky. So what does it mean? And during the dream I said to myself, look this up when you wake up. So I will.