Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wonderful Contest and News

So on Monday night I was very excited to read Beth Revis's news that she had a book deal (and what a book deal I might add). congrats to her! I've been reading Beth's blog for more than a year, and I really have enjoyed. She's from Western NC, and I lived out that way for a few years (we've never met or anything), but when she'd talk about the Biltmore House, I could think I've been there--stuff like that. And her student comment blogs never failed to make me laugh. I was excited and felt I must share.

Me: Rob, that blog I follow, you know the one where she's a teacher in Western NC, she just got a really good book deal.

Rob: Huh?

Me: I've talked about the blog a lot. You know funny things happen in her class. She lives out in Western NC. I've talked about this to you.

Rob: Huh?

Me: Point is that she got an awesome book deal.

Rob: Well that's great.

Shows how much he really listens when I talk writing.

Anyway Beth's having an awesome contest to celebrate, and if you don't already follow her blog you really should. Every post is worth reading.

2 comments:

Jessie Oliveros said...

I heard about Beth. That is very exciting! Anyway, my husband responds in much the same way when I tell him my blogger friends' news.

Unknown said...

We're always on the lookout for Western NC authors. Thanks for this wonderful heads up!