Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Works in Progress

I am in the middle of what I hope are the last of my revisions for my current project. I'm really working to capture Isis's voice. It is tougher than I thought it would be. But the rewrite is a major one. I'm redoing the whole thing, and then I'll have to redo the grammar and all of that again, but then I will start subbing to agents. My honest hope is that I'll be able to do this by the end of July. We shall hope and see and hope some more.

On another note I really want to get going on the other novel. I think I'm going to come up with a set schedule of writing my new novel either in the morning or the evening and then doing my rewrite on the opposite end of it. Maybe I'll just double up on revision time so I can really just get that novel written. If I do 3,000 words a day I could have it written in a month. I think I could write that much a day, maybe.

I'll start posting quick word count updates and revision updates. My revisions may be page numbers instead of word count though.

I have some new books to read thanks to my darling hubby. He seriously researches the books he buys me and takes time. He did so well in fact that I had already read some of the books he got me. In his defense, I do read several a week and I'd challenge anyone to keep up with me. Truly. I don't think most people could do it. He wants me to make a list of ALL of the books I've read. I just looked at him. I don't think I can do it. I don't remember them all. There are times when I'm super reading heavy and times when I'm not so much. If I read in the evenings then I'm not writing, so I have to be careful.

How is your writing journey going? Any exciting news? Do share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No great writing news to speak of. Sorry. But I'm way thrilled to hear about how far Isis is coming! I want to hear more about your new project idea too! How are you doing? Hope you're well!
All my best,

Laura (from WIFYR)

Patti said...

It's hard to balance the writing with the reading. Several a week is pretty impressive.