1. Today is gorgeous. There is a very slight chill, but I'm sure it will be gone by the afternoon. It's the kind of day I just want to open my windows and let all the glorious fall air stream in. Days like this I am exceedingly happy. I love beautiful weather and I tend to equate November with gray drizzly days and believe me we've had plenty of those this month. Plenty!
2. My kids have decided that their must have Christmas item is the Zhu Zhu pet hamsters. But my husband and I have decided we are not paying more than regular retail for them. And of course they are no where, no where to be found. Maybe it will blow over by Christmas (our kids' desire--we've no hope that the craze for them will). That is our hope, plus we'll keep searching. We may end up lucky.
3. National Novel Writing month, I must confess, has fallen to the wayside for me. But that's because after a break I was just ready to work on Isis again. And so I am. My other novel will still be written, and hopefully before Christmas. Right now I have a row of books lined up just waiting to be written. All in different genres (but all young adult). Roller coasters, bombs, self discovery. Another common thread of course is romance. Not that romance is front and center, but it is a definite thread. Hey if it is a must in most of the books I love to read, it's going to be big in the books that I write.
4. I'm super excited to begin querying. I don't care if it is December when I start. I am going to start. It's time. And I'm ready to thrust my novel out on the world. I've got to at least try. I've been standing here afraid to try, but I am afraid no longer. Not at all. Good luck to all the fellow queriers out there!
5. So I turned down two different invites to the midnight showing of the New Moon movie. I even ignored the urging of my husband to go. The biggest reason is lately I've really needed my sleep. I'm talking falling asleep at 10:00 or 11:00. And I usually stay up past midnight. Last night I was asleep before 10:30. (Whenever my husband turns on Ghosthunters I sack out. I don't know why, I like the show, but it just seems to happen.) So I'm glad that I skipped it. Never fear I will see it. Just not this weekend, maybe I'll go over the Thanksgiving break. Hope that you all enjoyed the moving. (Some of those werewolves were so swoon worthy!)