1. So last night I was going out to get some food late, late at night and it was eerie and cold out. I was thinking about writing and how to set up the scene that I was in. It would be a very tense scene, because I get creeped out at night. The wind blew and the leaves skittered across the ground. It made me jump because I was sure that someone else was out there. I just had to share the word skittered, because it has been in my head ever since. Although my husband says that skittered isn't a scary word, and he may be right.
2. Many fellow bloggers have been sharing their writing goals in the last week for next year. I plan on doing that as well. I just want to make sure that I can really nail down the goals specifically. I think being specific, but flexible makes it much more achievable. One goal I know I will have for next year is landing an agent. That is something I want and I'm working towards right now.
3. It's cold here, but no snow, and really it is not cold enough for snow. I think I'm slowly changing from living in the south for the past ten years. I don't love the humidity in the summers, but I'm learning to survive the drab grey nothing that is winter here. The idea of snow used to excite me, and I'd scoff at those who were afraid to drive in it, but now I'm finding that I'm okay without white stuff on the ground for three or four months at a time. But I still love the snow days with my kids home from school, snowball fights and wet clothes everywhere.
4. I still haven't really started Christmas shopping. This is a serious thing. I refuse to go to the stores, so that means everything needs to be done online, with enough time to ship. I think my biggest hang up is that I'm anti toy this year. That is because after a serious struggle over the summer to keep the kids' rooms clean I reached my limit and I packed everything up. Well I left them two toys each and the blocks. The entire house has been cleaner. The kids have played better, used their imagination more and everyone has been happier. So how on earth do I justify or even consider introducing more toys to the environment.
5. I love that my husband is supportive of my writing. He really encourages me. Plus he really can write as well. He has the most awesome novel idea. I could see it really taking off. But he keeps insisting that he doesn't have the time or energy to write. I wish he did or that he wanted to write badly enough that he made the time, because he is a really gifted story teller.
Have a great week everyone!