L.T. tagged me with this writing Meme. My very first. I need to choose three other writers and I choose:
1. What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
A blog post for my writing job. The first thing I wrote that I still have is either a poem from high school or a personal narrative I wrote in high school and revised in college. I think I turned it in like three times. Hmmm, the things is I really don't know which one I wrote first. I might have a third grade story in a scrapbook too.
2. Write poetry?
Sadly not in ten or so years
3. Angsty poetry?
In high school, a little in college
4. Favorite genre of writing?
Young Adult Fantasy
5. Most annoying character you've ever created?
6. Best Plot you've ever created?
My werewolf and zombie one, and I've not started it yet, but it is awesome.
7. Coolest Plot twist you've ever created?
8. How often do you get writer's block?
way too often lately. Not enough butt in chair time.
9. Write fan fiction?
Never even thought about it.
10. Do you type or write by hand?
Typing all the way, I type much faster than I write.
11. Do you save everything you write?
Pretty much, although some of the files are difficult to find.
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?
It depends on the ideas
13. What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
My Isis story currently is
14. What's everyone else's favorite story that you've written?
I don't know
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
That's what I write, more a story with romance than full on romance with heaving bosoms and stuff like that.
16. What's your favorite setting for your characters?
This world with paranormal elements
17. How many writing projects are you working on right now?
Three. Revisions wrapping up on one, writing intensely on another, and plotting and thinking about it and really wanting to write it.
18. Have you ever won an award for your writing?
Does Reflections in high school or elementary school count? If not, then no.
19. What are your five favorite words?
I went through a phase where I really loved a swear word. I loved the sound, and the affect it had on people.
Now I don't know if I have favorites.
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself?
21. Where do you get ideas for your characters?
Dreams, I've dreamed several of my main characters, situations I'm in, people (mostly strangers) that I see
22. Do you ever write based on your dreams?
Yes. Several of my plots have come through dreams--I dream the situation, and then wake up and the entire plot comes to me.
23. Do you favor happy endings?
I like endings with hope--doesn't mean they are happy or that the main character didn't lose practically everything, but I want a bit of hope.
24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
Nope. I'll get to it later.
25. Does music help you write?
I don't really write with music on, but there are songs that make me want to write. Enya gets me through a block, and The Killers really help me when I'm not in the mood.
26. Quote something you've written. Whatever pops into your head.
His fingers brushed mine sending a jolt of something up my arm. It wasn’t the kind of tingly feeling that you get when you touch someone you like for the first time and it wasn’t a shock of static electricity. It was stronger than either of those things and a lot more intense. The world flashed brighter in that instant, and seemed to freeze. As soon as he let go, everything jumped forward for a second and the room spun around me.