Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goals for 2010

After a somewhat crazy two weeks, where I was either visiting someone or having someone visit me, I'm ready to get back into the writing groove. This year my motto is BUTT IN CHAIR! I have listed my goals below. They are actually pretty simple, and I totally think that they are achievable. I plan on writing both of my books before I start revisions. This will give me simmer time, and I also want to write them super fast. Super duper fast. I actually want to start my Werewolf/Zombie book in February. And yes the main character falls in love with zombie. Really. You'll see how it turns out. But this novel isn't quite as thought out, as my other one, but it is nearly there.

I'm nearly done rewriting my query, just a tweak here, and a tweak there, and then I will begin querying in earnest. Hopefully I will get an agent this year. That's a big goal, but it is not totally dependent on me, so I'm including the parts that I can do.

I've nearly got the logline for Twenty Years Later, but I really need a new title. Amyway, I've got to go so I can actually meet my goal. Two hours today. Have a great week and happy writing!


Writing Goals

1. Rewrite my query, and query to death.

2. Write Twenty Years Later and come up with a better title.

3. Write my Werewolf/Zombie book.

4. Revise both of my books.

5. Write my log line before I write the book.

6. Write for at least two hours a day, every day no excuses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Mim! This is YOUR year and you can do it. =]