1. When I first started writing this post it was snowing, but I've been distracted and now about ten hours later it is raining. The kind of rain with the occasional clinking of ice against the windows. I'm just hoping that it doesn't freeze. Ice storms aren't any fun. We all rand around excited when it was snowing, but by this evening everyone was pretty disappointed. I promised I'd wake them up if we got some actual snow.
2. Christmas is a week away. I don't get how time slips by so much faster now that I'm older. It doesn't make sense. But I'm excited for Christmas. We managed to get our hands on some Zhou Zhou pets for our kids, and we even paid normal price. But then the kids all changed their Santa requests. Fortunately they believe me when I tell them that production has ended at the North Pole and that they are in the packing stage of the operation. I can't believe that my eight year old still believes in Santa. I certainly didn't at that age.
3. 2010 is my year of the query. I just hope it works. I am so very excited about it.
4. I had a nice long conversation with my sister about books. Books are honestly one of my favorite things to talk about. I feel like I can learn a lot about someone by the types of books they read, and what they admit to reading and what they don't. I'm planning on mailing her a long reading list of books to read. Very long, very thorough, very YA focused.
5. I hope you all enjoy your holidays. I won't be posting on Christmas. It is a noncomputer day, though I may post in the next week with my writing goals, which are really just churning away in my head.