Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Writing Wednesday: Hearing Voices--snatches of dialogue

I know I've hit the groove of a story when I'm planning out dialogue between characters as I complete my other tasks throughout the day. Sometimes that can be frustrating, because I know I'm going to lose whatever I'm thinking about. I've seriously thought about finding a way to record it. (I don't have a smart phone) And eventually I'm going to have to get some sort of voice recording software for when my typing skills disappear. (But that's a story for another time).

My biggest problem with that is computers and smart devices, tablets, etc seem to think I don't exist. My husband says the voice thing is because I mumble, but I don't think I mumble. But also they don't respond about fifty percent of the time when I swipe or press buttons or whatever. I think I am a technology ghost and soon I will stop existing.

I read a great book yesterday that just came out, and I will post about it on Monday. It had several similar elements to my Steve and Aimee book, but it's different enough that I should be okay still writing. When I finished reading, I just wanted to start working on my story even more. It's not often that I can say that about a book.

How do you deal with ideas that come to you while you are out and about or doing other things? I'd love to hear your strategies.

No comments: