Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sitting on the edge of my seat!

So this week, I've been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear back from my beta readers (people who read my book and give my advice to make it stronger).

So one person has gotten back. She said she loved it and can't wait to read the sequel---but she's also my sister. So I take it with a grain of salt, but she also did get into it and read it in two days--which is fast for her. So that's a good sign!

My brother who will be a true beta reader is still reading it and taking notes. This is what he told me. I think the notes are on things I need to work on, which is a good thing. So aggh!

I gave out two copies today, and I should hear some stuff at my writer's group meeting this week.

I've got to mail two copies, and then I'll get those back and go into my first round of revisions.

I've felt at loose ends in the evenings without the thought of a novel, so I decided to start the other project I have on the back burner. It's not the sequel to the first one, though that is a planned series. My new novel is more of a romance--kind of in the style of Sarah Dessen meets Meg Cabot. In case I never said my first book is a contemporary fantasy--though I may change it to a more urban fantasy in later revisions. And I intend on only writing young adult books.

So I need a title for my first book--do you have any suggestions? Since no one actually reads this blog, I guess not.

Later!


No comments: