Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ending Poll

The results of my ending poll were decidedly in favor of my original ending. It's what the whole novel is pointing towards, but I think I could clarify something so that it wouldn't bother the initial reader. It's just a little clarification, shouldn't undo the big ending.

And I've gotten the big feedback from my brother. He is an aspiring writer as well. He has taken creative writing and thus know how to critique with word choice and he is a guy. So he is the first guy to finish the book. Go Bob! His feedback was helpful. 

But still I find myself stuck, unable to work on the rewrite. I get a few words out, and then I quit. I know it needs to be done, but I've got this huge mental block. Just huge. How do I get beyond that to get my novel done?

I almost wish I had an editor who could tell me specifically what was broken--and how to fix it.


No comments: