Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Five: Tripping Up

1. Okay in the last few days I've tripped more times than I can count on both of my hands. The funny thing is that the house is actually fairly clean. Yesterday my boys laughed at me hysterically as I overcompensated and went down backwards. I landed in a laundry basket and hurt my back. I go through these ultra klutzy phases in my life. The worst was my freshman year of college, truly bad, so the past few days are nothing compared to that, but I do wonder why I do that. Why do I trip so much in one period of time and then not at all for years at a time.

2. The charlie horse of all charlie horses. So I never had a charlie horse until I was pregnant (and no I'm not pregnant--nor planning on being any time soon) and they got worse with each pregnancy. The sudden pain would wake me up screaming in the middle of the night, and poor Rob would look startled and hit my leg for me. (That really did help.) Last night I got the worst one I've ever had. It was so bad I woke up screaming and slid out of bed, jumping up and down. I seriously couldn't move my leg. Rob slept through it, but I did wake up both of my boys. The thing is it is still killing me. That's not normal for me. I've done everything I can think of, including massage, a hot bath, and ibuprofen and nothing is working. It hurts to walk, and the wrong movement will set off another round of spasms, but since I'm awake, I manage not to scream.

3. We are off on another round of birthdays for my kids. The two boys are in the next week. They are six days apart. I was starting to worry that they might share the same birthday when Jacob was late. But every one of my kids were late, and I managed to talk the doctor not to set my inducement date for Caleb's birthday. Fortunately Jacob came even earlier than that. But the birthday party fun is on!

4. Potty training is no fun. Not for mom. Jacob has decided he is too big for diapers, but doesn't seem to care when he is wet. I know he can do it, since I can take him on errands that take several hours and he stays dry. But at home it's a crapshoot if he will be dry in the thirty minutes between times that I make him try. I just don't get it.

5. I need to get on schedule, I need to get motivated. This week is the week. Or maybe it will be next week.

Happy Writing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate charlie horses. They're so painful! I'm so sorry you're suffering with it. I hope that it gets better soon.

I have real issues with spacial reasoning so I'm always running into things.

Hope you have a better week!