Monday, February 17, 2014

Books I Love: The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen


I just finished reading Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen, and I really enjoyed it. She writes beautifully. Very lyrical and each words matters. I love the imagery in her writing as well as the overall feeling. She writes magical realism, which is a lot of fun and adds interesting elements to each aspect of her stories.  I'm choosing to feature The Girl Who Chased the Moon because it is my favorite story by her. However all of her books are wonderful, and you really should read them.

The Girl Who Chased the Moon tells the story of Emily who is new to town and a teenager that is trying to understand more about her mother, and Julia who is trying to find a way to deal with the past. The two stories are a great contrast to each other, very similar in some ways and different in others. Of course the small town has a lot secrets and Emily has a hard time figuring out where she should fit in.

Have you read any Sarah Addison Allen? What do you think?

No comments: