Monday, February 24, 2014

Books I Love: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

This is the story of Samantha Reed, and a relationship that develops with the boy next door. It is sweet and funny, but also very sad. In the book, Samantha's mother makes a mistake and tries to hide it from everyone, only Samantha is very aware of the mistake and the huge consequences it has on those around her. It's a look at what is wrong, and what is right, and how parents can sometimes not make the correct decisions. 

I fell in love with this book as I read it. There were quite a few things that I just adored about this. The first is that the family next door is large, with eight kids. I'm the oldest of six, and it is so rare to find a large family really depicted in a positive light. I also liked that there was the opportunity for Samantha to help her mother to learn and to change. It also explores first love, and is really sweet in how the relationship develops.

I'm very much looking forward to Huntley Fitzpatrick's second book,  What I Thought Was True, which comes out on April 15. Have you read this? What did you think?



No comments: