Monday, January 20, 2014

Books I Love: Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols



As I thought about the first book I would share that I really liked, Jennifer Echols came to mind. I actually really enjoy all of her young adult books. She has a great writing voice, and I buy them the day that they come out. Her adult books are a little more adult. I've enjoyed all her books since I found her, but I think my favorite on the ones that she calls her dramas. I love Going Too Far, Forget You  and  Such a Rush

Dirty Little Secrets is the story of a girl whose sister got picked up by a record label and she got left behind. It talks about her coping with this and how her family has treated her as a result. Of course there is a cute boy involved throughout the book. 

It's a great read. The think I love about Jennifer Echols is I love her voice as she writes. I like that she isn't afraid to look at deeper issues, and explore pain, but at the same time I love that things work out in the end. She's got lighter stories, and then heavier ones (like the ones I listed above). 

Have you read anything by her? What do you think?


1 comment:

Patti said...

Haven't read any of her books, but it looks interesting