Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Five

1. Today is the fourth snow day for my kids this week. I feel like we've had our Spring Break in January and frankly it isn't as fun as I wanted it to be. Plus I'm going a bit crazy with the kids home for so long without having anything really scheduled. Tuesday was crazy with nothing for them to do. The last two days were fine because they were able to play in the snow and go sledding, but today it's going to all melt and just be a muddy mess. Everyone's getting a bit stir crazy.

2. I'm itching to write. It's what I've been focusing on and thinking about nonstop for the last few days. It's great to have this feeling again. Last year was so focused on revisions. And I didn't have the same creative juices flowing. This year I really just want to create, create, create.

3. Lately, I've been very focused on being grateful for the things that I have. I feel blessed in so many different ways. We don't have as much as some people, but I feel like our needs are taken care of, and that we are able to take care of our kids. I am grateful for what we do have.

4.  My kids are really into Minecraft right now. All three of them, but especially Caleb. He gets on with friends, and is Skyping and Twitching the entire time he plays. He is loud and exuberant when he plays, and I am not always thrilled about it. The last four days and he has played a lot more than normal.

5. I've found a great tool that is helping me cook more at home--one of my goals for the new year. I like it because I choose the recipes I want to cook and it puts together a grocery list. You should check out Plan to Eat if you want a tool that makes this easier for you overall.

That's it! Everyone have a great weekend!

No comments: