1. It's cold here. I am sure that is much colder in other parts of the country, but walking on the floor downstairs almost makes me want to put on socks. My toes are freezing, and we can't seem to keep the downstairs very warm, which is why I am currently spending my time upstairs. It is much too warm up here since all the heat rises. (Don't worry our thermostat is set at a modest 68 degrees.) It's just that there is about a ten degree difference between the two floors right now.
2. This post is two days later than I planned. Still I want to post, so I'm going for it, even with a book post for tomorrow. I've sat down to write this post several times and I have been distracted. I guess I have writer's block on this post.
3. The last week was busy since both of my boys turned a year older. It is a little crazy to have two birthdays just six days a part, but we have combined celebrations in the past. Since the boys are about two years apart, they usually get the same types of gifts. It meant that we got two new bikes this year. They are happy, but it's been way too cold to ride right now.
4. One of the themes I have been thinking about with my story with Aimee is the ability to forgive yourself for mistakes. Aimee's boyfriend commits suicide, but he wasn't only her boyfriend, he was her best friend from the time she was little. She's all wrapped up in what she did and didn't do, and isn't able to let go and forgive him and herself. The book isn't religious in theme, but I think being able to let go and move forward is an important part of life.
5. I read online about a family that in situated a study hall for their kids. At first I scoffed at this idea. I don't like a lot of structure, and I want homework to become as independent as possible. But we have issues with kids starting too late. I don't do math very well after 9:00 at night. So we are doing it. No television, games or devices between 6:30 and 8:30, with the parents available to help if needed. I'll let you know how it went next week.
6. I need to do yoga. My back and hips have been bothering me lately. This is the only thing I know that can deal with it, but I'm still not totally motivated to get it done. Hope you have a great week!