Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Goals for the New Year

Yes, I know it is actually January 15th, which means the month is half over and I know that it seems silly to write down goals and resolutions for the new year now. The truth is that even though I haven't written anything down yet, I have been thinking a lot about the different goals that I want to set in regards to writing. So without any further ado and no more excuses here they are.


  1. Write every single day. The last year I got out of this habit, which made it a lot harder to actually write when I sat down and tried to do it. The times that I am best at writing and when things come the easiest are when I am doing it consistently. 
  2. Aim for a chapter a day. This might sound extreme, and I'm definitely not there yet, but when I get going and I'm in the rhythm, I know I can hit this goal. It's something I am working toward achieving by the end of the year.
  3. I have three novels planned out and ready to write, and I want to write them all this year.
  4. Revising--I want to get much better at revising.
  5. I want to start posting regularly on the blog again. So I was thinking of choosing one book I love each week to mention, and then do a craft post and a Friday Five. I think I can handle three posts a week. (I reserve the right to change this if it gets to be too much. I'm thinking new book on Monday, craft/writing post on Wednesday and Friday Five.)
That basically sums up my goals. Let me know about yours! See you on Friday!

No comments: