Monday, March 3, 2014

Books I Love: Love Letters by Katie Fforde




I think this was the first book I read by Katie Fforde, and then it was a mad scramble to find all of her other books to read them. The great thing about falling in love with an author with an established career, is that it takes you awhile to read through her list, and you get some really great books out of it. One of the frustrating things to me is that she has even more books out in the U.K. and I can't get them since they aren't out here yet, and I don't want to bootleg them. I have a handful of authors that I read that mainly write adult chick lit type of books, and the majority of them are British, but she is my favorite out of al of them.

This is the story of Laura, who works in a book shop that is closing down. She ends up taking on the planning of a literary festival and through it meets her favorite author. A romantic relationship begins, and it is just a good, fun read.  

I have enjoyed all of her books, but I definitely have favorites. Love Letters, Stately Pursuits, and Second Thyme Around. The other books are great too, these are just the ones I keep coming back to and reading again. Have you ever read Katie Fforde? What did you think?

No comments: