Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Five: Bus Breakdowns

1. Today the bus broke down, which meant my I had to drive my kids into school. And I had to call in late to my job, which basically means I missed time and money. We have a school within walking distance of our home, but our kids go to a magnet school twenty minutes away. I love the school, and it's worth the time sacrifice even on days like today where I end up driving for nearly an hour just to get them there.

2. It's field day today for my kids. Field day always means the end of the school year. The boys were super excited about it and wet out at the bus stop about ten minutes early, which also meant we waited for the bus for about forty minutes before I decided to drive them to school. But the end of the school year is almost here. Everyone is anxious for it to end. What am I going to do this summer?  I don't feel like I have enough time now?

3. My husband and I are coming up on our 15th wedding anniversary. It's making me feel oldish. Not as old as him. He is hitting the big 4-0 this year, but still. Wow. We got married at the end of June, so it's a ways off, but I still keep thinking, it's been a long time. I am so lucky that I married him. He is a great fit for me.

4. Social media is really important. It's not as important as writing a great book, but it can help people find that book. I've been thinking about signing up for a class or looking for a mentor. I can't afford to hire a PR person at this point, but I really need to get going when it comes to social media. Do you guys know any great classes?

5. I've got a to-do list as long as I am tall. And I need to get to work tackling it. I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: