Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Writing Wednesday

So This week I thought I'd write about my current plotting issues. And man do I have them. I have tons of them.  My biggest problem is that I think I'm over complicating things. I have two narrators, and I think I have two story arcs. And I don't know if I can make it work. The two narrators are both main characters, and they fall in love--maybe, I'm not entirely sure about that, but they are both working through similar, but different feelings.

So I've been worried about plot. I like having my major plot points down before I write. It makes my revision process better, because I revise as I write. I recently got James Scott Bell's book Writing Your Novel from the Middle: A New Approach for Plotters, Pansters and Everyone in Between. Anyway, it's been enlightening. He talks about a mirror moment or of self-relfection in that moment. It's a good read, and I'm still trying to decide how to handle it.

But because I have the two stories, within one story, and the very similar story arcs. I'm still trying to figure it out, if I find the center point for those two stories, or if I find the center point and have both of them come to the mirror moment there.

What's your favorite way of handling plotting, and rising and falling action? How do you determine the low point in the story?


No comments: