Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Five: Jammed Fingers and Other Silliness

1.  This week has been hectic, in a way that means I've struggled to accomplish anything. One example is that my son jammed his finger playing basketball, only it didn't get better and it didn't get better, until my husband decided that he needed to be taken in for it. The way the appointment worked out, it also meant I had to pick up all of my other kids from school and take them since I'd be at the doctor when they were getting off the bus. It was a long day. And most of the days worked out that way.

2. This week I've also realized just how important it is take physically good care of myself. It is important that I'm in good shape so I can do all of the things that I need and want to do. This means making time for exercise and eating healthier. Hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

3. It's beautiful out right now. All week it's been stormy and rainy and we had to keep an eye out for tornados. I made Rob install an app on his phone that would wake us up if one came in the middle of the night. I'm terrified of night tornados. And it did go off, but we woke up and looked at the weather, we realized that the path of storms wasn't even near us. I was glad that alert worked, but I couldn't get back to sleep.

4. Back to how nice it is outside. It really is gorgeous, open your windows let the air come in, and just enjoy spring gorgeous. It makes me want to go outside and stare up at the sky and maybe take a nap out there. I don't want to be stuck inside working.

5. It's nearly time for peaches to be back in season, and for some reason this year, I've been craving them. I really, really want a good peach, and they aren't in the stores yet. I know it's still early, and it was cold a lot later than usual, but I'm still looking for a good peach.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: