Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Writing Wednesday: Finally Plotting

This weekend, I finally got my plot mapped out for my current WIP. It was so nice to finally get my ideas down on paper in a way that made logical sense. It helped me figure out I was starting at the wrong spot, and I can easily shift what I have written to where it needs to be in the plot.

When I sat down to write last night, it was so much easier to get the words out. My scenes now have a purpose. I know what I need to accomplish, and I know how to make it happen. It really is a good feeling. It helps that I really like my characters right now.

I love that new project feeling when you are still in love with it. Still think that it's a great idea and it's going to work.

In a few weeks, I'll be more frustrated, I'm sure. But right now I'm still basking in the glow of it.

How do you feel when you start a new project?

No comments: