Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Books I Love: Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann


I am a big fan of Lisa McMann. Her books are engaging, and they are quick reads. She's written a middle school seres, which I haven't read, and two young adult trilogies and a few stand alone novels. The young adult novels are horror/thriller type stuff, and really good. There aren't really gruesome, more creepy. I enjoyed the Wake trilogy a lot, and the Visions trilogy, but the book where scenes will randomly pop up in mind is Cryer's Cross.

This story is set in a very small town, that has experienced a number of disappearances. Kendell, the main character, has just lost her boyfriend, who disappeared, and is struggling to get over it when a new  boy moves into town. Then her best friend disappears. The tension is high throughout the novel.

I don't normally do creepy books, and I want to put the disclaimer out there that if you get scared when you are alone at night, then you might want to read this in broad daylight surrounded by people. Have you read it? What did you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am SO dying to read this book! I'm really happy that you enjoyed it. I can't wait to have that wonderful little package of goodness in my own little hands!

Mica
Best Reviews for Atlantic Highlands NJ house cleaning click here