Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday Five: First Week of Summer

1. One week down, and a lot more to go. This week hasn't been bad. We hit the pool, rented a movie, and hung out. The worst part of the week has been the temperature. It's been close to 100 degrees every day, and when we wake up it's over 80. Yikes. We won't make it, because this is August weather, and if it is like this now what will it be like in August?

2. Chores. For some reason I am failing epically as a parent when it comes to chores. I did chores from the time I was quite small at home. The dishes, the bathrooms, the living room, mopping. And I remember thinking my parents were slave drivers. Somehow I haven't established a good chore routine with my kids, and now I desperately want to. I really, really could use some advice on how to set it up and get it going.

3. My plan was to start exercising this week, and stay on the schedule I wash on with sending my daughter off to middle school. It didn't happen. I think because I was staying up too late, because my night owl kids and husband were all staying up too late as well. My daughter would stay up until 1:00 or 2:00 and then sleep late, but not quite late enough and she's been a bit cranky. I think we are instituting bedtimes again next week. 10:00 pm for the summer.

4. Since we've been to the pool twice this week, I've managed to get sunburned. When I don't put sunscreen only face, I usually manage to avoid a sunburn, but when I do I always end up red and peeling. I don't understand why or how that works.

5. I have been craving donuts all week. We may go on a donut run this weekend.

Have a great day!

No comments: