Monday, March 10, 2014

Books I Love: Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella


This is another one of my favorite British writers. She writes primarily chick lit. She also writes the Confessions of a Shopaholic series and under Madeline Wickham. I've not read any of the books she has written under Madeline Wickham, but I did enjoy everything I've read under Sophie Kinsella. Some of her books I like more than others, but my very favorite is Can You Keep a Secret?

The premise of the story is that the main character, Emma, is on a business trip. The plane nearly crashes and she ends up confessing all of her little secrets (like the fact she lied about her weight to her boyfriend, and she killed her parents' goldfish and replaced it) to the man next to her on the plane. She also confesses she lied on her resume. When the plane lands okay, she's embarrassed, but figures she'll never see him again. Until he turns up the next day at her work, and is her boss.

It's a fun story, and the characters are great. I really love the voice in the story. Have you ready any books by her? What is your favorite?

No comments: